Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Of Dreams





I have resisted moving places since childhood; and the more I resisted the more we moved around! And after all these years, I am so glad I have become used to Change. I spent my early childhood in complete wilderness, then became a teenager in the crowded city of Calcutta, post which I went to the land of study-o-holics and slowly turned into one as well! After that, life came a full circle again - carefully avoiding the details of which I will come straight to the point now. Experiencing newness in life is important; and it makes life even richer if we remember to embrace the newness with our whole heart. For, every new leaf has a story to tell of its own, and our life will be as vibrant as the number of new leaves we collect through our journey! As I look back now, I am glad I had the chance of living and growing up in different parts of my country. If I can handle the spice of Andhra, I can also handle as many Sandesh as any friend from Bengal can; and I enjoy Pilani's extreme weather as much as Hyderabad's pleasantness through the year!

And now, as my work brings me to the beautiful city of London, a second time in less than a year. A completely different set-up, new people, new lifestyle and surprisingly new manners as well. But, there is no resistance anymore. I am very excited about living the life of a Londoner here. For, I can already see the beautiful story that this new leaf is slowly unfolding...  

These are some pictures clicked over the weekend gone by, of my new home here. I am in love with the beautiful crockery set at home, and candle holders lined up on our window sill. My new housemate loves to listen to the Radio - look at how vintage the Radio set looks! Living in a Victorian-style house is a dream come true - and an old favorite rings in my ears now, "Dream, when the day is through; Dream, and they might come true!" Dream!

3 comments:

nishant said...

Just flow with your dreams...They will turn into reality :)

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

Live your dreams then :) You Londonophile you :)

Unknown said...

Londonophile! :D Louuuvvveeee the new name :P